2018 TCCJA CONTEST CATEGORIES AND RULES
Below are contest categories and rules for this year’s TCCJA contests. Please review carefully, and mail (first class or priority) your contest entries to Beth Francesco at the address below. Entries must be received by JUNE 8.
A few notes about this year’s contest:
- Contest descriptions have been revised, as discussed during the spring 2018 business meeting. Please review the descriptions carefully when selecting your entries.
- Sweepstakes awards have been replaced by Best Overall Student Media Organization.
- Eligible material must have been published June 1, 2017, and May 31, 2018.
- All entries must be received by — not postmarked — June 8. No late entries will be accepted.
- Entry instructions are linked below. Please follow the instructions.
Submit entries in pdf format. Mark each entry with a red arrow and be sure to include jumps. Identify each entry by category on the pdf file. Online entries will require the Online Content Entry Form linked below. You may submit up to TWO entries in each newspaper and magazine category, unless otherwise specified. There is no need to send more than 1 set of entries.
NAMES: Be sure names are spelled correctly and are TYPED.
Send entries to:
4632 Calmont Ave.
Fort Worth, TX 76107
CATEGORIES (Entries will be divided evenly into two divisions, based on Fall 2017 enrollment)
- News writing
- In-Depth or Investigative Reporting (may be a series)
- Feature Writing
- Sports News Writing
- Sports Feature Writing
- Column Writing (any subject)
- Editorial Writing
- Critical Review
- News Photo
- Feature Photo
- Sports Photo
- Sports Action Photo
- Environmental Portrait (new category)
- Picture Page or Photo Slideshow
- Newspaper Page Design
- Headline writing
- Editorial Cartoon
- Best Comic Strip or Panel
- Advertising (Single Ad)
- Magazine Cover Design
- Magazine Story Package
- Non-photographic Illustration
- Non-journalism Story
- Video News (up to 2 minutes)
- Video Sports (up to 2 minutes)
- Open Video Production (up to 15 minutes)
- Audio News (up to 2 minutes)
- Open Audio Production (up to 15 minutes)
- Multimedia Package
- Overall Excellence, Newspaper
- Overall Excellence, Magazine
- Overall Excellence, Website